[wpkg-users] WPKG & Active Directory

Ronny ladiko at web.de
Fri Feb 10 09:32:31 CET 2012

Hello Matthew,

you don't need to  have 2 shares, but you can. I just placed all my
software packages in separate subfolders of the folder packages.

You can define the variable %SOFTWARE% or you use the UNC path directly
in your xml-files. The use of variables is suggested, because maybe in
the future you want to change the name of the server or share and need
to edit all packages or just the line where the variable is defined. I
guess the second most used variable is WPKGROOT or sometimes WPKG_ROOT,
so i added this one to the expample. If you call the wpkg.js by a
startup batch script you can do it like that:

set SOFTWARE=\\Server\Software-Share\packages
set WPKGROOT=\\Server\wpkg-Share
cscript //nologo %WPKGROOT%\wpkg.js /synchronize /nonotify

but you can also define them in the profiles.xml like that:

<profile id="default">
<variable name="SOFTWARE" value="\\Server\Software-Share\packages"/>
<variable name="WPKGROOT" value="\\Server\wpkg-Share"/>
<package package-id="wpkgclient" />
<package package-id="time" />
</profile>

And then every other profile depends on my default-Profile so the
variables are set and the wpkg-client is roled out and updated.

<profile id="accounting">
<depends profile-id="default" />
<package package-id="firefox" />
<package package-id="thunderbird" />