[wpkg-users] Check for action WPKG is doing on a package

Malte Hohmann DoNotSendToThisAddress at gmx.de
Fri Jan 13 13:39:32 CET 2012

Hi there,

I really love the possibility of inclusion and conditional execution of commands. This allows much more flexibility in the development of packages. However, I am missing the possibility to check what action WPKG is performing on a package.

To be more precise:

I have, for example, the following package:
<package ...>
 <commands>
  <command type="install" cmd="..." />
  ...some more "install" commands...

  <command type="upgrade" include="install" />

  <command type="remove" cmd="..." />
  ...some more "remove" commands...
 <commands>
</package>

The "install" commands do a lot of stuff which is needed during the initial install.

The "upgrade" commands would exactly do the same as the "install" commands, except for one single command which should NOT run during upgrade. So it would be nice to check, if WPKG is currently installing or upgrading (or removing/downgrading/whatever) the package. The idea is to add a check to that specific command like:

<command type="install" cmd="command that should only be executed during installation but not during upgrade">
 <condition>
  <check type="wpkg" condition="install" />
 </condition>
</command>

I have read through the latest release notes but did not find something like this. Is it already possible? Anybody else out there who might need this functionality? Can somebody add it to a future version?? :oD

Regards,
Malte