[wpkg-users] some confusion on validating the wpkg config.xml file - correct xml/xsd header lines syntax?

Urs Rau (UK) urs.rau at om.org
Mon Jan 30 10:04:19 CET 2012

Guys,

I got xml validation working using the xsd files for all other wpkg xml files, but am not able to figure out the correct syntax for the config.xml file to get validation working.

If I use the config.xml as distributed I get validation errors as soon as I uncomment any of the "param" lines in the sample file.

My working (!) wpkg config.xml file below gives me a validation error for each "param" I have set.

<config xmlns="http://www.wpkg.org/config"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.wpkg.org/config xsd/config.xsd"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="xsd/config.xsd"> <!-- line needed for validation in Notepad++ -->

< cut some >

<param name='logLevel' value='0x15' />

< cut some more >

<languages>
<!-- English LCIDs -->
<language lcid="409,809,c09,2809,1009,2409,3c09,4009,3c09,4009,3809,1809,2009,4409,1409,3409,4809,1c09,2c09,3009">
<!-- <string id="notifyUserStart">The automated software installation utility has or is currently applying software updates to your system. Please check the time shown at the beginning of this message to determine if it is out of date. If not, please save all your open documents, as the system might require a reboot. If so, the system will be rebooted with no prompt when installation is complete. Thank you.</string> -->
<string id="notifyUserStart">Automatic software deployment is currently updating your system. Plase safe all your documents as the the system might reboot without further notice. Thank you.</string>
<string id="notifyUserStop">The automated software installation utility has completed installing or updating software on your system. No reboot was necessary. All updates are complete.</string>
<string id="notifyUserFail">The software installation has failed.</string>
<string id="notifyUserReboot">Rebooting to complete software installation. Please note that some software might not work until the machine is rebooted.</string>
</language>

< cut out some >

</languages>
</config>

Validation of current file using XML schema:

ERROR: Element '{http://www.wpkg.org/config}param', attribute 'name': The attribute 'name' is not allowed.
ERROR: Element '{http://www.wpkg.org/config}param', attribute 'value': The attribute 'value' is not allowed.
ERROR: Element '{http://www.wpkg.org/config}languages': This element is not expected
--

[cid:534A0F89-E2B7-49F8-9384-0FE0A99757DA at uk.om.org]

Operation Mobilisation (OM) - a company limited by guarantee - The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, Oswestry, SY10 7LT, United Kingdom
Company reg no: 2564320 (England & Wales) - Charity reg. no: 1008196 (England & Wales) - SC040988 (Scotland)
Web: http://www.uk.om.org