[wpkg-users] Continue even if not completed.

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Mon Jan 9 20:15:37 CET 2012

Hi Stefan/Michael,

On 09.01.2012 19:39, Stefan Pendl wrote:
> Am 09.01.2012 17:30, schrieb Michael MacKay:
>> I have a frustrating little issue. I have a program that needs to
>> register a plugin after it is installed. Very easy to do: DtMaxSdk.exe
>> /register.
>>
>> My problem is, it has a little popup saying successful. I can't find any
>> silent switches, and waiting to hear back from the developer if there is
>> or could be one. The popup comes after it is installed, but if I
>> include it in WPKG it hangs waiting for someone to acknowledge. Is
>> there a way to put a timeout on this in the package.xml and have it just
>> ignore and continue?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike
>>

> Commands can have a timeout specified, see http://wpkg.org/Timeouts

If there is no need to wait for the program to finish it's job (or if a delay
does it) then using "start" might be an option:

@echo off
start dtmaxsdk.exe /register
:: optional, wait 10 seconds, then continue
ping -n 10 localhost

This will leave the process running and just continue.

You might even juggle with "taskkill" after some wait timeout to terminate the
hanging process, but in many cases this is not really an issue, just leave it
running until next reboot.