[wpkg-users] logical not with OS type?

David Petterson david at ifm.liu.se
Mon Jan 16 17:43:02 CET 2012

Now I get the package not to install on my test machine, but if I try to
only install software on XP x64 only, it does not work.

When I do "ver" I get this:
Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]

This should be matched by os="5\.2\.\d{4}"

I created a test profile like this:

This one works, 7zip will not get installed on my XP x64 computer, but
install fine on XP x86 and Win7 x64.

<profile id="7ziptest">
  <package package-id="7zip" >
   <condition>
    <check type="logical" condition="not">
     <check type="host" condition="os" value="5\.2\.\d{4}"/>
    </check>
   </condition>
  </package>
</profile>

This one does not work, 7zip does not get installed on my XP x64 as it
should. It does not even try, and yes, the package works, thats why I
picked the 7zip package.

<profile id="7ziptest">
  <package package-id="7zip" >
   <condition>
    <check type="logical" condition="and">
     <check type="host" condition="os" value="5\.2\.\d{4}"/>
    </check>
   </condition>
  </package>
</profile>