[wpkg-users] Thunderbird auto install extensions

John Danks john.danks at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 00:03:05 CEST 2012

All I do is:

Set extensions.autoDisableScopes to 11.
Extract the xpi file to a folder with the extension version number.
Copy the contents to a folder with name matching the extension ID
under %PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Thunderbird\extensions\

Double-check everything. You might have a typo somewhere.

<package
id="thunderbird-lightning"
name="Lightning"
revision="%version%">
 <depends package-id="thunderbird" />
 <variable name="version" value="1.4" />
<variable name="extid" value="{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}" />

<check
type="file"
condition="exists"
path="%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Mozilla
Thunderbird\extensions\%extid%\chrome.manifest" />
 <install cmd='%COMSPEC% /C xcopy /Q /I /E /Y
"%SOFTWARE%\apps\thunderbird\lightning\%version%" "%
PROGRAMFILES(X86) %\Mozilla Thunderbird\extensions\%extid%\"' />
 <upgrade cmd="taskkill /F /IM Thunderbird.exe">
<exit code="any" />
</upgrade>
<upgrade cmd='%COMSPEC% /C rmdir /q /s "% PROGRAMFILES(X86) %\Mozilla
Thunderbird\extensions\%extid%"' />
<upgrade cmd='%COMSPEC% /C xcopy /Q /I /E /Y
"%SOFTWARE%\apps\thunderbird\lightning\%version%" "%
PROGRAMFILES(X86) %\Mozilla Thunderbird\extensions\%extid%\"' />
 <remove cmd="taskkill /F /IM Thunderbird.exe">
<exit code="any" />
</remove>
<remove cmd='%COMSPEC% /C if exist "% PROGRAMFILES(X86) %\Mozilla
Thunderbird\extensions\%extid%" rmdir /q /s "% PROGRAMFILES(X86) %\Mozilla
Thunderbird\extensions\%extid%"' />
</package>