[wpkg-users] is wpkg running?

ladiko at web.de ladiko at web.de
Thu Jun 21 12:19:56 CEST 2012

Am 21.06.2012 12:00, schrieb Sebastian Elner:
> Hey,
>
> is there a build-in way to determine if wpkg is still running on a
> machine? I have some very long running process run by wpkg from the
> cmd. For example I could imagine wpkg write a lock file to a central
> location, which is deleted when wokg is done (of course i could do
> this with a start and end package somehow).
>
> Cheers
>
> Sebastian

Hello Sebastian,

usually the wpkg-share is connected as long as the wpkg script is
running. I use a samba-share on a linux-host and the wpkg-clients
connects with the username 'wpkg' to the share \\host\wpkg so i can just use

sudo smbstatus -b | grep wpkg
to see which machines are still connected or

sudo smbstatus -b | grep wpkg | grep <computername>
to see if a specific machine is still connected

Olé from Wedding!
Ronny