[wpkg-users] is wpkg running?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Jun 21 16:45:02 CEST 2012

Hi Sebastian,

On 21.06.2012 12:00, Sebastian Elner wrote:
> is there a build-in way to determine if wpkg is still running on a machine? I
> have some very long running process run by wpkg from the cmd. For example I
> could imagine wpkg write a lock file to a central location, which is deleted
> when wokg is done (of course i could do this with a start and end package somehow).

If you're running WPKG client you might just use 'sc query WPKGService' to query
whether the service is running. Well of course this only works if your service
is configured to terminate after WPKG execution. I usually enable it since I
don't like to keep the service running all day even if it's not doing anything -
moreover this allows just to re-luanch it if I want to do another synchronization.

Alternatively look in the Windows registry at:
HKLM\Software\WPKG\runnning

The value is set to "true" while wpkg.js runs and "false" when it's finished.

This can be configured and is well-documented in config.xml:

	<!--
		* True : Disable export of running state to Windows registry at
		*        HKCU\Software\WPKG\running
		* False: Export running state to Windows registry at HKCU\Software\WPKG\running
		*
		* Default value      : false
		* Command-line switch: /norunningstate
	-->
	<!--
		<param name='noRunningState'  value='false' />
	-->