[wpkg-users] regex in registry paths?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu May 31 16:35:56 CEST 2012

Hi David,

On 31.05.2012 15:10, David Petterson wrote:
> Is is it possible to use regex in the path for registry checks?
>
> ex:
> <check architecture="x64" type="registry" condition="equals"
> path="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F8641([0-9])*FF}\DisplayVersion"
> value="%VERSION%"/>
>
> Just want to make sure that regex is supported before I try to figure
> out why I can not make it to work.

No. It's not working for paths. Only for value matching I've added regexp
matching recently (developer version).

Also I think such a feature would be quite exhausting for the registry parser
and would slow down things a lot. As of my knowledge Microsoft API does not
provide regular expression registry key matching.

If you similar thing I would rather recommend writing custom script which you
can call from WPKG using exec checks.