[wpkg-users] Disable FBWF before installing software

VERDEYEN Jonathan jverdeyen at automatic-systems.com
Tue Nov 13 17:09:39 CET 2012

I'm currently preparing a Wyse thin client for one of our branch offices.
This particular model uses Windows Embedded Standard 7 and has File Based Write Filter which intercepts write operations to the disk and keeps them in a cache memory instead (I had seen it in Windows PE previously) so nothing is written to the disk and the changes are erased (lost) on reboot.

You can momentarily disable the FBWF to install programs and make other changes to the system but it requires a reboot.
So : Disable FBWF > Reboot > Install Software > Enable FBWF > Reboot
So I have used WPKG-GP successfully to install some basic software (Flash Player and what not) after disabling FBWF but would there be a way to have WPKG disable the FBWF if software has to be installed, reboot, proceed to the install and then re-enable it afterwards (and reboot) without going in a reboot cycle ?

Windows Embedded
I've used WPKG-GP to successfully

Jonathan Verdeyen
IT Engineer

Automatic Systems S.A. - Avenue Mercator, 5 - 1300 Wavre - Belgique
Phone: +32 (0)10 23 02 97 - Fax : +32 (0)10 23 02 02
www.automatic-systems.com<http://www.automatic-systems.com/>

[cid:image001.gif at 01CDC1BB.3066C8E0]

Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail.

Ce message et toutes les pi?ces jointes (ci-apr?s le "message") sont confidentiels et ?tablis ? l'intention exclusive
de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autoris?e est interdite. Si vous n'?tes pas destinataire de ce
message, merci de le d?truire imm?diatement et d'avertir l'exp?diteur.
--> Pensez ? l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message.

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressees.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee of this message,
please delete it immediately and inform the sender.
--> Please consider the environment before printing this email.