[wpkg-users] Conditional depends

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:31:14 CEST 2012

Am 18.10.2012 12:48, schrieb Daniel Berteaud:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I'd like to know if there's a possibility to make a conditional
> dependency on package. Here's my problem:
>
> - I deploy JRE 7 on most of my computers, in a package called jre
> - A few computers need to run apps which requires version 6 of the JRE,
> so I created a package called jre6 and assigne the correct JRE in
> profile assignation (up to now, there's no problem)
>
> - Now, I want to deploy freemind (a mind mapping software), which can
> run with either jre 7 or jre 6, but I don't know how to define it.
>
> I'd need something like:
>
> <depends check="logical" condition="or">
>      <package-id="jre" />
>      <package-id="jre6" />
> </depends>
>
> Is there a way to make something like this ?
>
> Regards, Daniel

I have a common package called Java, which gets added to all systems or
included as a dependency.

The package is then including the correct java runtime engine based on
conditions.

'---code start (watch for line wraps)

<package id="Java" name="Java" revision="2011.10.22" reboot="false"
priority="10" execute="once">
     <include package-id="JRE6" os="5\.0\.\d{4}"/>
     <include package-id="JRE7">
         <condition>
             <check type="logical" condition="not">
                 <check type="host" condition="os" value="5\.0\.\d{4}"/>
             </check>
         </condition>
     </include>
</package>