[wpkg-users] packages not installing/upgrading

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 23:07:33 CEST 2012

Am 13.09.2012 21:19, schrieb Carlos R. Pasqualini:

>   <package id="libreoffice" name="LibreOffice" revision="%PKG_VERSION%"
> reboot="false" priority="10">
>    <variable name="PKG_VERSION" value="%shortversion%-0"/>
>    <variable name="shortversion" value="3.5.4"/>

May be the problem was caused by the double variable expansion, which is
only supported with wpkg.js 1.3.0 and higher.

I usually use the following in such a case:

<package id="libreoffice" name="LibreOffice"
     revision="%PKG_VERSION%.2012.09.13"
     reboot="false" priority="10">
<variable name="PKG_VERSION" value="3.5.4"/>

2012.09.13 is the date when I changed the package definition in the
format yyyy.mm.dd, I only use this if I made a mistake and doesn't like
to increase the real version number of the software.

In some cases I even add the time, if I was so stupid to make another
mistake, so the revision attribute turns into %PKG_VERSION%.yyyy.mm.dd.hh.mm

When I am testing packages I usually add the rc.. suffix like this:
revision="%PKG_VERSION%rc1"

This is all supported without any modification of wpkg.js and makes some
sense to me.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: