[wpkg-users] RunningState registry key

heiko.helmle at horiba.com heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Wed Apr 10 09:32:14 CEST 2013

Hello,

After posting my ReportErrors script I found the script not working in few
cases (which only came up now luckily).

The script uses HKLM\SOFTWARE\WPKG\running to determine when to send the
logs away (after WPKG finished running).

The problem is that WPKG actually never sets this value to true. In my
deployment (WPKG 1.3.0) I find only two occurrences of setRunningState:
before reboot and just before quitting. Both set to false. (naturally).
While WPKG is running, this value is still "false". I suspected permission
problems (and lost an hour looking for them) until I found that my wpkg.js
has no code that actually sets this value to true...

Am I missing something or is the running flag only ever set to "false" in
the code?

Best Regards
        Heiko