[wpkg-users] Firefox plugins

Denis Witt denis.witt at concepts-and-training.de
Fri Apr 12 15:42:52 CEST 2013

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 08:35:28 -0500
"Donny Brooks" <dbrooks at mdah.state.ms.us> wrote:

> We currently push out adblock plus to our users and then we have the
> symantec endpoint protection plugin that gets installed with the
> application. Those are the only two plugins we want able to be
> installed or ran, unless we add another system wide one that is. Do
> any of you have a way that you block extensions, toolbars, etc from
> being installed/ran by the end user? Is this possible by pushing a
> config out to them via wpkg?

Hi Donny,

I don't know if you can disallow addon installation, but you can allow
only certain sites to install addons from, here is how:

http://mike.kaply.com/2013/02/18/allowing-only-certain-sites-to-install-add-ons/

Maybe you can set pref("extensions.enabledScopes", 15); to a suitable
value. You can find more informations on Add-On Scopes here:

http://mike.kaply.com/2012/02/21/understanding-add-on-scopes/

Best regards
Denis