[wpkg-users] Java 7 update issues

Nicolas BRICHE nbriche at ch-peronne.fr
Fri Apr 19 09:06:11 CEST 2013

Orion Poplawski a écrit , Le 18/04/2013 19:00:
> On 04/18/2013 01:29 AM, Nicolas BRICHE wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Orion Poplawski a écrit , Le 17/04/2013 19:19:
>>> I've been using WPKG to push Java 7 updates successfully for quite a while
>>> now.  However, recently when wpkg runs the update on our windows 7 machines we
>>> get a popup saying:
>>>
>>> Interactive Services Detection
>>>
>>> A program running on this computer is trying to display a message.
>>

>>> It seems to happen whether I use the msi or the exe to install.
>>>
>>> Is anyone else seeing this
>>>

>> I'm seeing this as well.  For me the unclickable window seems to be an undrawed
>> frame (including undrawed title/min/max/close controls), not just a perfectly
>> formed window that merely doesn't take clicking events.
>
> That's what I see to (you snipped my comment about the "unreadable box").

Indeed, I misread the first time.  My apologies.

>  But
> for me I can click near the lower right corner where an "OK" button would be.

I admit I never tried.  Not so long ago an installer/updater for a rather niche
software (management of a community kitchen for my hospital, in fact) had a bug
that looked like that.  Completely blank window, although the window controls
remained.  Support's preferred method was "Please blindly click around there,
with any luck you'll find the "Next" button".  It... didn't go well.

> I actually did get a clear window *once*, but don't remember what it was saying.

Yeah, happened to me once or twice too, but for the life of me I can't remember
what it was.  I was so relieved to _see_ something that I closed the damn thing
just to be rid of it.

Not very professional but hey.

Nicolas