[wpkg-users] WPKG uninstalling software

Donny Brooks dbrooks at mdah.state.ms.us
Thu Aug 22 15:20:26 CEST 2013

I have been having this problem randomly in the past but yesterday when I pushed out an upgrade for Thunderbird it reared its ugly head worse than ever.  From time to time wpkg will get a wild hair and uninstall a piece of software, usually Firefox or Thunderbird, when there is no reason to do anything with it, no version change or anything.

For instance, Tuesday evening I pushed out an update to Thunderbird moving it from 10.0.5 esr to 17.0.8esr (we use the SOGo plugins so have to use an ESR release). For most people the upgrade went as expected. While others had Thunderbird completely uninstall. On some of those a reboot worked, others I had to manually run "cscript \\wpkgserver\wpkg\wpkg.js /synchronize" to get it to reinstall. And a few of them I just had to manually reinstall Thunderbird.

Now this morning, about a dozen users who had it install correctly yesterday had it uninstall. This is crazy and I cannot find a rhyme or reason to it. Has anyone else had similar issues.

WPKG 1.3.9
Samba 3.5.10
--

Donny B.