[wpkg-users] False match of IP address to host name pattern (2)

VERDEYEN Jonathan jverdeyen at automatic-systems.com
Mon Feb 18 17:19:43 CET 2013

I hit a strange case of IP address matching a host definition :

Found host 'cnsuzd.+|cnsuzw.+|cnsuzt.+' matching IP '172.16.2.121'

So looking up the archive, I found the same case dating from 2009 : http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/2009-September/005770.html, when you have 3 dots in the host name, it would be considered as an IP address.
Now I can add another dot but I wanted to check if it was expected as you seemed to have come up with a workaround back then and I am using WPKG 1.3.0.
Now strangely, on some computers it went on and installed the programs from the mistaken profile corresponding to the host definition with the 3 dots (on a server of course :) and on some laptops) but on the virtual machine I'm doing my tests on, a dryrun shows it will apply the correct profile corresponding to the host name even after matching the IP address to the wrong host definition :

Profiles applying to the current host:
DesktopMer

Here is the xml host definition:
<host name="cnsuzd.+|cnsuzw.+|cnsuzt.+ " profile-id="DesktopStdChina"/>

Tell me if you need more information or more tests.

Regards,

Jonathan Verdeyen
IT Engineer

Ce message et toutes les pi?ces jointes (ci-apr?s le "message") sont confidentiels et ?tablis ? l'intention exclusive
de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autoris?e est interdite. Si vous n'?tes pas destinataire de ce
message, merci de le d?truire imm?diatement et d'avertir l'exp?diteur.
--> Pensez ? l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message.

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressees.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee of this message,
please delete it immediately and inform the sender.
--> Please consider the environment before printing this email.