[wpkg-users] wpkg problems since network replacement to 1GB

David Petterson david at ifm.liu.se
Mon Feb 18 19:16:17 CET 2013

On 2013-02-15 16:29, Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> Mandi! Kühne Jörg HCARE-ZLM
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> We use the WPKG Client version 1.3.6. Since our network replacement to 1GB we
>> use to have problems with our software distribution. Normally WPKG works fine
>> when we kick off it manually but during restart of our hosts (several) the
>> WPKG-Service (start-type: auto mode) do not working properly. Maybe it has
>> something to do with our WPKG settings, see below:
>
> 1.3.6 have known trouble in this aspects, so please move to the latest
> (1.3.14) and retry.
>
> More or less, the trouble came from WPKG Client service not correctly
> depending on the network setup, so starts before the network came in.
> And fail.

I have the same problem with 1.3.14. On "some" computers, WPKG Client
will start before the network causing the service to fail startup.
"WNetAddConnection2-> The network path was not found"

A fix for this is most welcome!

--
David Petterson <david at ifm.liu.se>		Phone: +46(0)13-28 2617
Systems Administrator