[wpkg-users] strange %SOFTWARE% behaviour

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 00:28:49 CET 2013

Am 20.02.2013 00:06, schrieb jurgen.depicker at let.be:
> Dear all,
>
> we just changed fileserver, and so I need to change the value of
> %SOFTWARE% to reflect the new situation.  We use wpkg and wpkg-gp.
>
> Although I changed the %SOFTWARE% from the old IP (172.16.1.2) to the
> new one (172.16.15.33), the old ip still sometimes shows up, which
> drives me crazy...

Have you checked all XML files for an old definition of the SOFTWARE
variable?

The variable expansion for variable definitions and for commands is the
same, so I can't think of any good reason for this difference either.

Could you try the following?

<variable name="TEST_VAR" value="%SOFTWARE%"/>

<install cmd="%ComSpec% /C echo %SOFTWARE%"/>
<install cmd="%ComSpec% /C echo %TEST_VAR%"/>

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: