[wpkg-users] wpkg problems since network replacement to 1GB

Paul Griffith paulg at cse.yorku.ca
Wed Feb 20 15:44:31 CET 2013

On 02/19/2013 10:12 AM, Paul Griffith wrote:
> On 02/19/2013 04:49 AM, David Petterson wrote:

>>> There have been some fixes posted, so you just need to search for them.
>>>
>>> One was to introduce a dependency on the network service, if I remember
>>> correctly.
>>
>> None of the "fixes" I found so far works. I have added all network
>> related services that I could find as dependants and it still wont work.
>> I am currently testing a scheduled start (on system start) that seem to
>> work.
>>

> Hi David,
>
> I had the same issue, and I used the setting "WPKG execution on failure"
> to solve my issue.
>
> ---snip----
> On 04/10/2012 04:06 PM, John Danks wrote:
>  > I use the setting in WPKG Client called "WPKG execution on failure"
>  > repeat count set to 3 seems to be enough.
> ---snip---
>
> Best Regards,

I will post this to the list, in case someone else run into this issue.

You can configure the the retry attempt in two ways.

1 - Via the GUI (1.3.14),Run the WPKG GUI Client and  in the tab Misc Settings you should see
    "WPKG execution on failure" with a Repeat Count field that you can set. I personally set ours to 3.

2 - via the settings.xml file, look for the tag <repeat-count-on-failure>.

Here is what mine looks like!
<repeat-count-on-failure>3</repeat-count-on-failure>

--- Here is my original posting snip - snip ----
On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM, Paul Griffith <paulg at cse.yorku.ca