[wpkg-users] Java struggle

Paul McGrath J.P.McGrath at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jan 15 10:33:50 CET 2013

Jurgen,
  I work in a laboratory area with a dozen or more different java programs on the desktops computers and I have found that it is best not to install the 64 bit java client.  It is best to put the 32 bit on all platforms.  I am sure others here will disagree with me.  I tried the 64 bit client and it was incompatible with older java programs.
As Michael has just explained in a separate reply the MSI is extracted by the setup.exe to
C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java

Paul