[wpkg-users] Java struggle

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 16:47:43 CET 2013

Am 15.01.2013 12:43, schrieb Rainer Meier:

> So my advise is to always install as few as possible:
> - Only Java 7 (no Java 6 if not required)
> - Only 64-bit if no 32-bit browsers and 32-bit applications with Java
> dependency
>    are required.
> - Disable browser plugin (btw. I have included a script which is also
> able to
>    remove older Java plugins from Firefox). For Java 7 you can use WEB_JAVA
>    setting.

I always install 32-bit and 64-bit Java on Windows 64-bit editions,
since 32-bit applications only use 32-bit Java and the same applies for
64-bit applications, which only use 64-bit Java.

----

I just recently detected that installing Java without removing the old
version first will leave the UUID of the old installation active, so
removing Java by removing all releases will hang the process.

So it is best to only remove the latest Java version instead of removing
all previous versions too.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: