[wpkg-users] Using WPKG to deploy fonts

Ronny ladiko at web.de
Wed Jun 12 03:28:36 CEST 2013

Am 12.06.2013 02:42, schrieb Antony Awaida:
> Hi everyone:
>
> We are trying to use the VBS script method from this page:
>
> http://wpkg.org/Fonts  to install fonts on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.
> The fonts are correctly copied into windows/fonts but they do not show
> up in the control panel->appearance->fonts nor do they show up in the
> registry....
>
> WPKG is running as a service if that makes a difference.
>
> Any ideas as to what is going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Antony

I couldnt find any other proper way to register the fonts. the funny
thing is: If you copy the fonts by hand, you have the explorer window
open being in %WINDIR%\Fonts, so the Explorer will register your fonts.

So all you have to do in your script is:

* copy the fonts
* execute "start %windir%\explorer.exe %WINDIR%\Fonts" to register the fonts
* sleep/wait 5 seconds with "|ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul"| (not necessary
if you run wpkg at shutdown and there are other installations following
so explorer.exe has some time to register the fonts anyway)
* "taskkill /im explorer.exe" (not necessary if you run wpkg at shutdown)

Regards Ronny