[wpkg-users] Using WPKG to deploy fonts

Semián Matěj semianm at pokrok.cz
Wed Jun 12 10:44:03 CEST 2013

Dne 12.6.2013 2:42, Antony Awaida napsal(a):
> http://wpkg.org/Fonts   to install fonts on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.
> The fonts are correctly copied into windows/fonts but they do not show
> up in the control panel->appearance->fonts nor do they show up in the
> registry....

Simple copy is not enough.

AFAIK there are two ways with vbs, triggering "Install Font" context
menu handler on font file or adding font names to registry.

First method:

Have a look at this script, it's working with method InvokeVerb to run
Install Font, it should work as long as you have Windows in English.

http://blog.jasondahmen.com/2011/11/24/the-true-ultimate-font-install-for-windows-7-and-xp-vbs/

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb787816%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Second one:

We're using second one, with "reg" to import font names along with fonts
file names to registry key "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts\".
(Eg. "OCR-B 10 Pitch BT (TrueType)"="OCRB10N.TTF")

Regards,
Matěj Semián