[wpkg-users] chain/depend strangeness...

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 00:08:43 CEST 2013

Am 27.06.2013 20:43, schrieb Carlos R. Pasqualini:
> El jue, 27-06-2013 a las 17:31 +0200, Marco Gaiarin escribió:
>> I've setup libreoffice and the italian help package as:
>>
>>    <package
>>          id="libreoffice"
>> 	[...]
>>          <chain package-id="libreoffice-help-it" />
>>
>>    <package
>>          id="libreoffice-help-it"
>> 	[...]
>>          <depends package-id="libreoffice" />
>>

> I have defined libreoffice in the other way, using an include:
>
> <package id="libreoffice" ...
> 	<depends package-id="java7" />
> 	<include package-id="libreoffice-help" />
>
> </package>
> <package id="libreoffice-help" ...
> 	<depends package-id="libreoffice" />
> </package>

If the help depends on the base package, then you only need to add the
help to the profile.

If the help is "chained" by the base package, the you only need to add
the base package to the profile.

There is no need to use include/chain and depend in both packages.

Chain is a reverse depend, but the chained package is installed
immediately after the first package.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: