[wpkg-users] Global max execution time hardcoded?

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Tue Mar 26 11:22:39 CET 2013

Mandi! Rainer Meier
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Sure, but this would pretty much break all (or many, depending on
> value) package. The current value proved to be usable for basically
> any package as most users are expected not to specify a timeout
> value per command.

I really don't understand. I'm not speaking about changing the timeout
value, but simply moving from ''hardcoded'' value to a configurable
one, with exactly the same value: 3600.

> Even sysadmins are just humans and can do errors or just be
> overwhelmed by unnecessary options.

This is so true, and so generic, that i think can be used to proof both
our thesis... ;-)))

> To unterline that I am not just willing to block such issue I
> recommend a poll. Please feel free to vote here:
> <http://doodle.com/8yr7ehwt5kgr8qtq>

For now, seems more football than a poll. Counting also Stefan, we have
3-1, so seems i've lost. ;)

Anyway, because i'm really a WSH-ignorant: i've not understood
when and where wpkg.js read the config.xml file, and so if my patches
work if i put:
	<param name='execTimeout' value='600' />
or not...

  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                    http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php