[wpkg-users] Are negative priority levels support?

Paul Griffith paulg at cse.yorku.ca
Wed Nov 27 21:29:49 CET 2013

Hi All,

   Does WPKG accept a negative priority level?  I wanted to have a package that runs last after all other packages. This package disable the wpkg service from running at start-up. I tried it, and everything **seem** ;) okay. A quick look at the code didn't reveal anything I should be concerned about. What I want to do is deploy all my packages, then disable WPKG. Then I could run the WPKG updates on a fixed schedule and not at start-up.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<packages:packages
        xmlns:packages="http://www.wpkg.org/packages" xmlns:wpkg="http://www.wpkg.org/wpkg" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.wpkg.org/packages ../../xsd/packages.xsd" >
    <package id="wpkg-disable-service"
            name="Disable WPKG service from running at startup"
            revision="%PKG_VERSION%rc1"
            reboot="false"
            priority="-1">

        <variable name="PKG_VERSION"     value="1" />
        <variable name="PKG_NAME"        value="wpkg-disable-service" />
        <variable name="PKG_SOURCE"      value="%SOFTWARE%\"/>
        <variable name="PKG_DESTINATION" value="%ProgramFiles%\"      architecture="x86"/>
        <variable name="PKG_DESTINATION" value="%ProgramFiles(x86)%\" architecture="x64"/>

        <!-- 2= automatic, 4 = disabled -->
        <check type="registry" condition="equals" path="HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WpkgService\Start" value="4" />

        <install cmd='%ComSpec% /c sc config wpkgservice start= disabled' />

        <upgrade include="install" />

        <remove cmd='%ComSpec% /c sc config wpkgservice start= auto' />
    </package>
</packages:packages>

Thanks for looking :)
Paul