[wpkg-users] Help with LO extensions...

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Nov 14 17:07:26 CET 2013

Hi Semián,

On 14.11.2013 16:44, Semián Matěj wrote:
>   2) path seems to be at:
> %ProgramFiles%\LibreOffice
> 4\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\[random]\yourpackage.oxt\
>
> but it's using randomly named folder. Is it possible to use wildcard in filepath
> check?

No. Wildcards cannot be used in WPKG file checks.
However in general this looks like a bad idea to me to check on file-level if
the folder name is randomly chosen. Either it's not as random as you might think
and it's some kind of global unique ID or you might better use official
interfaces. Perhaps unopkg.exe allows you to query for an extension. So you can
simply use execute-style checks running unopkg.

In such cases I usually deploy some check-script like "check-install.cmd". This
script might call unopkg or also traverse the filesystem and just terminate with
zero or non-zero status depending on the results of evaluation. This way you can
do all sorts of special checks involving WMI, external tools, scripts etc.