[wpkg-users] wpkg client and windows 7

Paul Griffith paulg at cse.yorku.ca
Mon Oct 7 16:34:44 CEST 2013

On 10/01/2013 03:56 PM, Stefan Pendl wrote:
> Am 01.10.2013 21:40, schrieb Carlos R. Pasqualini:
>> El mar, 01-10-2013 a las 20:58 +0200, Stefan Pendl escribió:
>>
>>> On WinXP and below I used WPKG client at shutdown.
>>> On Vista and above I use a scheduled task to check if a user is logged
>>> on, if not WPKG is executed and the system is shutdown after that.
>> ¿you set up that task using a script?
>> ¿would you mind to post/share it here?
>>

> See below.
>
> '---code start (watch for line wraps)
>
> @rem
> @echo off
>
> set isUserLoggedOn=0
> for /F "tokens=1" %%P in ( 'tasklist' ) do if /i "%%~P" ==
> "explorer.exe" set isUserLoggedOn=1
> if %isUserLoggedOn% EQU 1 goto :EOF
>
> if not defined MY_WPKG_SOFTWARE goto :finish
> if not defined MY_WPKG_ROOT     goto :finish
>
> rem run WPKG
> Set SOFTWARE=%MY_WPKG_SOFTWARE%
> Set WPKG_ROOT=%MY_WPKG_ROOT%
>
> echo.
> call "%WPKG_ROOT%\tools\WPKGclearLog.bat"
> echo.
> cscript.exe "%WPKG_ROOT%\wpkg.js" /synchronize /nonotify /quiet
> echo.
> call "%WPKG_ROOT%\tools\WPKGclientCollect.bat"
> echo.
>
> :finish
> shutdown.exe -s -t 600 -d p:4:1
>
> '---code end
>
> --
> Stefan P.

Hi Stefan,

   How often to you run your scheduled task, every 1,2,3 hours ? I am curious because I am running WPKG at startup, mind you this is our first deployment with Windows 7.  I can see a major advantage with a scheduled task. I think SCCM uses a scheduled task for it's agent also.

I also notice that there is username and password needed to access %WPKG_ROOT%, is this a world readable share ?

Thank you.
Paul Griffith