[wpkg-users] An other problem with Java

Chris Crebolder chris.crebolder at utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 22 16:02:17 CEST 2013

On 22/10/2013 8:20 AM, Luca Manganelli wrote:
> On 19/10/2013 00:58, Carlos Gomes - STI Unesp Franca wrote:
>>
>> Anyone having problens with java 7.45?
>
> Me too, we are having problems.
>
> It seems that the package.xml in the site
>
> http://wpkg.org/Java
>
> is old and not functional on 64 bit systems with newer java versions.

I found I had to switch to the msi installer for these systems, which
can be extracted from the exe by starting and immediately cancelling the
installer, and then looking in %appdata%/Sun for the Data1.cab and the
jre1.7.0_45.msi. These can be copied to your wpkg share and installed with:

msiexec /qn /i %SOFTWARE%\Java\msi\jre1.7.0_%version%.msi
REBOOT=Suppress WEB_JAVA=%java_web_flag%"

where version is 45 and java_web_flag is 1 or 0 to enable or disable the
browser plugin. I then disable the auto-updater as described in the wiki.

This is using the Windows x86 offline version of the jre installer.

-Chris