[wpkg-users] checking for 0xFFFFFFFF on a 64bit machine

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Fri Apr 4 15:26:28 CEST 2014

Hi Joe,

On 04.04.2014 14:22, Joe Konecny wrote:
> We set up a package that creates a registry entry value of 0xFFFFFFFF which
> regedit shows a dec value of 4294967295 on a 64bit machine.  WPKG reports
> that it found -1 instead of 4294967295.  4294967295 is too large for a
> 32bit number so is this a limitation of WPKG assuming WPKG is running 32bit
> mode?  The registry has the correct value of 0xFFFFFFFF or 4294967295.
> If this is a limiation, what would be the proper way to do a check of
> a 64bit number?

WPKG itself does not have 32-bit or 64-bit mode as it's simple JScript. However
the runtime where it's running within is either 32-bit or 64-bit (cscript.exe).
Depending on whether you launch wpkg with 32-bit cscript.exe or 64-bit
cscript.exe the results might be different.

However I did not test this specific case here but you might try to launch
wpkg.js within 64-bit csript.exe explicitly.

If all goes wrong you might use execute type check and use a script with some
"reg query" commands to check the content so WPKG would execute the check-script
and evaluate its exit value.