[wpkg-users] WPKG Client installation issue

it.service.kultur at uni-hamburg.de it.service.kultur at uni-hamburg.de
Fri Apr 11 19:23:04 CEST 2014

Zitat von heiko.helmle at horiba.com:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I just found your WPKG software and I wanted to run some tests, but
>> when I tried to install the client on a VM (with a windows Seven
>> 64bit professional OS) it tells me (after setup being launched) that
>> I don't have Administrator rights to install it. I don't understand
>> because I got administrator rights. I've even recreate an
>> admnistrator account, but it still doesn't work. Can you help me
>> with this? Thank you in advance for your response.
>>

> The installer MSI has a bug - it doesn't request elevated rights from the
> system during install. You can work around it by running the installer on
> an elevated console. (hit start, type cmd and then press CTRL-ALT-Enter)
>
> Best Regards
>  Heiko

Thanks for the fast reply!
Will try it next week on my test System and report back.

I have another question btw.
What does happen if wpkg installs a package/update at shutdown and the
package requires or initializes a reboot? will the system shutdown
like normal or will it reboot and then sit on login screen?

Thanks Again

Best Regards,
Nils

IT-Support - Fachbereich Kulturgeschichte
Universität Hamburg
Flügelbau West, R. 218
Edmund-Siemers-Allee 1
D-20146 Hamburg