[wpkg-users] WPKG Client modified to run at Windows Vista, 7, 8 shutdown

Krzysztof Gibas killgore at wp.pl
Tue Apr 15 12:29:30 CEST 2014

2014-04-15 at 11:49 Nils Thiele wrote:

> There is a information that the wpkg service is shuting down but
> everytime wpkg-gp installs the selected packges at the next boot before
> login. wpkg client doesnt seem to work.

> I have no experience with the old client and only used wpkg-gp until
> now, maybe im doing something wrong?

Maybe yes. You gave almost no information that we could use.

First, launch wpkginst.exe from programfiles and configure your WPKG Client as described here http://wpkg.org/WPKG_Client_-_GUI_help (I would suggest to use IP based paths) .
Second, test it with Test button.
Third, restart WPKG service.
Fourth, restart computer and look at Event viewer application log. WPKG Client logs all its steps there. Did it connect? Did it found packages? etc.

It would be sensible to turn off wpkg-gp for the time of testing to eliminate interferences.

--
Regards,
 Chris