[wpkg-users] windows 7 updates

Carlos R. Pasqualini pasqualinic at fcal.uner.edu.ar
Mon Feb 10 19:39:12 CET 2014

El jue, 06-02-2014 a las 08:05 -0500, Joe Konecny escribió:
> Is anyone have a method for applying windows 7 updates through wpkg?  Everything
> we try we run into a brick wall because it needs an elevated command prompt.
>
> What we are attempting is this...
>
> http://wpkg.org/Heise_Offline-Update
>
> ...but it fails because of this...
>
> cmd /c cmd\DoUpdate.cmd /instie8 >%SystemDrive%\netinst\wpkg\offlineupdate.log
>
> ...needs run with an elevated command prompt.  My user that wpkg runs under is
> a domain admin but even as an admin you apparently don't have admin privileges
> in a command prompt unless you right click on cmd.exe and select run as administrator.
> Any ideas?

Hi Joe

would you mind to tell us how do you run wpkg in the first place?

Here, we use wpkg for the first windows install, launching it from a
batch, and that script needs to be launched as administrator. One of the
packages we install using wpkg is wpkg-gp whiche then launches wpkg as
user SYSTEM on every startup. With this, we 'run as administrator' once
for each windows install and forget about it.

May be you are running wpkg without the needed permissions (it is not an
issue with wsusoffline per se, but from how you run the wpkg script).

Best regards