[wpkg-users] Searching for developer able to enhance wpkg for money

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Jan 9 17:05:06 CET 2014

Hi Thomas,

On 09.01.2014 11:38, Thomas Bøge Nielsen wrote:
> We need to have some enhancements of wpkg.js - and are willing to pay.
>
> We need to get a more computerreadable-friendly output from queries to wpkg, for
> example in xml-format

Current output format is of course focused to be readable by humans. However the
target was also to be able to parse it easily which is the case I think. If you
need encoded output feel free to adapt corresponding functions to print queries.
Its written in quite modular way.

> We need to have new fields in the package. For example we need to have an field
> indicating an icon of the package and a long description.

You can basically add any field you like. wpkg.js will happily ignore all
attributes which are not used by WPKG itself. So feel free to add icon paths,
comments etc. However WPKG will then of course not make use of such fields and
you might have to maintain your own set of XSD if you intend to validate your
XML files.