[wpkg-users] Again, issues with java latest update 7u51

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Mon Jan 20 12:44:55 CET 2014

Mandi! Cedric Frayssinet
  In chel di` si favelave...

>     <install cmd='%COMSPEC% /C copy /Y "%SOFTWARE%\java\installer.dll" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre7\bin\"'><exit code='any' /></install>

But, where you add that? I've done some tests, and in mi 32bit box
(mostly winxp) seems a ''timing issue'', eg the installer (probably
after they have uninstalled the old java version) start to unpack files
but for some reason run something that need installer.dll before is is
in place.
So, i think the only way to make that wors is:

a) uninstall old version before install (eg, not let the new installer
 to that)

b) create folders and put the file in place before starting the
 installer

seems to me that does not make sense: installation hangs exactly on the
start of the install phase, so it is a ''clean'' state and next wpkg
run will di the job.

Instead, in xp 32bit i get very often a complain about some
certificates, in installation. Also that happens on the end of the
install, so next run will fix it, but it is annoying.
Someone know how to fix it?

Thanks.

  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                    http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php