[wpkg-users] timeout no error

Andrea Zagli azagli at libero.it
Sun Jul 20 10:06:17 CEST 2014

http://www.qgis.org/

>  Most of the time, if an installer doesn't complete its installation
> in a timely way, it's sitting there waiting for a user to input an
> answer to a question. I suspect you've might be suffering from an
> installer that isn't very smartly designed for silent installation.

yes this is the case: in non-silent installation it asks a question
and it wants administrator password also if i am the machine
administrator

> Then again, if the software is big, it's not unknown for an
> installation to take a long time to get going on an old computer.
>
> Let me know where to download something and hopefully I can narrow
> things down a bit :-)

thanks a lot

but is there a way to not consider the timeout an error? i ask it
because i have seen that the software works if i interrupt the
installation at the time it hangs