[wpkg-users] WPKG-GP file modification date comparison fail

Pete Boyd petes-lists at thegoldenear.org
Wed Jun 11 11:21:10 CEST 2014

Hi. I have an issue where I compare 2 files based on their modification
date, WPKG-GP gets a modification date of the current time rather, than
the actual modification date the file has:

Using WPKG-GP on Windows 7, I have a package that just deploys the
WPKG-GP config file. I do a modification date comparison of the config
file between the version in the Program Files directory and the version
I deploy, using:

<check type="file" condition="datemodifyequalto"
path="%PROGRAMFILES%\Wpkg-GP\Wpkg-GP.ini"
value="@%SOFTWARE%\wpkg-gp\Wpkg-GP.ini"/>

I do this the same way for Firefox and Thunderbird config files and they
work fine. However WPKG-GP's doesn't work because of the following:

"Reading last modification date of 'C:\Program Files\Wpkg-GP\Wpkg-GP.ini'.

Reading file modification date of reference file
'\\server\windows-admin\wpkg\packages\wpkg-gp\Wpkg-GP.ini'.

Reading last modification date of
'\\server\windows-admin\wpkg\packages\wpkg-gp\Wpkg-GP.ini'.

Modification date of file 'C:\Program Files\Wpkg-GP\Wpkg-GP.ini' is Tue
Jun 10 16:16:24 UTC+0100 2014 which isn't equal to the comparison date
Thu May 15 11:25:20 UTC+0100 2014 check failed."

It is getting the modification date of the present moment at which it
has just copied the file, which surely is wrong? When I look on disk,
both files have the same last modification date and creation date. The
file in Program Files does not have this modification date of the
present moment.

Has anyone any idea what's going on please?
Thanks

--
Pete Boyd

Open Plan IT - http://openplanit.co.uk