[wpkg-users] Now that we have WPKG 1.3.1... more ''standard'' variable definition?

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 17:30:35 CEST 2014

Am 09.06.2014 17:15, schrieb Paul McGrath:
> Hi Marco,
>    I agree with you, many of us will already use %PROGFILES% defined by x86 or x64.  The desktop would also be useful.
> Paul

If things are moved out of the packages, it will be hard for newbies to
keep track of where things are defined.
Adding comments instead of the variable definition would be one
solution, but why not keep the packages as self-contained as possible?

The more experienced users will always be able to consolidate variable
definitions, newbies may fail to get the concepts and how WPKG works in
certain situations more likely with a centralized variable definition.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting:
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.