[wpkg-users] WPKG and Windows 8 quirks

Frank Morawietz nestolea at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 21:29:10 CET 2014

>> How do others ensure that WPKG is run regularly on Windows 8 or 8.1 ?
>
> I use a scheduled task to run WPKG after the computer labs are
> closed. I am still trying to find real simple replacement for psexec,
> so I can run WPKG on demand when the need arises.

You mean that you can directly and manually execute WPKG on a remote
node, after a change to the configuration for example?

I use "SC STOP WpkgService" and "SC START WpkgService" locally in my
script to restart the WPKG service. But according to the documentation
(like <http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490995.aspx>) it can
also be used remote:

sc [ServerName] stop ServiceName

and

sc [ServerName] start ServiceName [ServiceArguments]

HTH,
Frank
--
Frank Morawietz