[wpkg-users] Access base dir in package definition

heiko.helmle at horiba.com heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Wed May 14 17:07:00 CEST 2014

> WPKG needs some kind of wrapper in one or the other way anyway as you
need to
> launch cscript.exe with wpkg.js and some other arguments. So something
has to
> call it. Just executing wpkg.js is not possible anyway as you need
> to launch it
> with parameters.
>
> So I usually just keep a simple cmd script in wpkg folder to launch it.
> Three-liner, or add some more lines to define more global variables.
> It doesn't
> get any simpler than that.

Well it makes a few use cases more complicated. You can't run WPKG from an
USB Stick without some more cmd-wizardry because you don't know the path
(specifically the drive letter) of your source.

WPKG already has code in it to find wpkg_base. The only step left would be
exporting this as an environment variable.

With WPKG_BASE defined and a common directory structure you could have
relative directory paths in your definitions and your WPKG would be
portable without fears that your custom cmd-fu might find a different
basedir than wpkg thinks.

And maybe a complete CMD script less to worry about, which is always nice.
:)

Best Regards
 Heiko Helmle

.