[wpkg-users] Trouble enabling PowerShell Remoting from WPKG

Keith Jones K.E.Jones at brighton.ac.uk
Sat May 24 22:02:45 CEST 2014

Hi,

  Well researched! Osama does appear to entirely correct. I've been trying to emulate SYSTEM running the commands using psexec and every time it gets access denied making the modifications. I've tried giving it interactive flags and forcing it to use the elevated token but it just fails. I guess powershell's settings don't actually have any ACL's allowing SYSTEM access. The security philosophy is probably right but I'd put it up there right alongside UAC on the annoyance scales :-(

  As I'm currently using a "public" wifi connection, I've run into the effects of the Enable-PS-Remoting failing on that front too tonight. Apparently powershell 3.0+ have a version of Enable-PS-Remoting that is a bit more relaxed and doesn't complain. I'm just about to upgrade and try it :-)

Keith