[wpkg-users] My java-7 package keeps reinstalling itself

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 10:25:06 CET 2014

Am 22.11.2014 um 07:41 schrieb Frederic Bergeron:
> *Hi,
>
> I have upgraded my java-7 package definition in WPKG to version 72.  I
> was previously using version 51.
>
> When I restart a computer, it detects that a newer version is
> available and installs it successfully. However, when I restart the
> machine, it keeps reinstalling the latest version (72).  How can I
> prevent that from happening?
>
> I'm wondering if it's because I have removed the package definition
> for version 51.  Do I have to keep all versions of the package
> definitions in my XML file?  Or is it only the latest version that
> matters? *
No, you don't need to keep the definitions of all updates.

BTW, the version is JRE 1.7.0, it is just update 72, so not a real
version change but a bug fix release.

What does the log file (wpkg-%COMPUTERNAME%.log) in %TMP% of the
installing user tell about why the check fails?

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting:
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.