[wpkg-users] My java-7 package keeps reinstalling itself

Frederic Bergeron FBergeron at rocketmail.com
Wed Nov 26 01:20:32 CET 2014

      From: Stefan Pendl <stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com>
 To: wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org
 Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 6:19 AM
 Subject: Re: [wpkg-users] My java-7 package keeps reinstalling itself

 Am 24.11.2014 um 14:51 schrieb Frederic Bergeron:

      Hi again,
  In the java_x86.log file, I could see that the 1603 error was caused because the java was already installed.  So I added an exitCode='1603' and it fixed the problem.  There was also another similar problem with another install command.  I added the appropriate exitCode and it seems to work fine now.  I didn't know the /L option.  That was very helpful.
  Concerning FlashPlayer, I removed the file tests and it works fine now.

  Thanks a lot for your help.

 I would not add the exit code 1603 as being successful, since it can have many reasons.

 I would change the package to always check if there is already the same or a higher version installed.

 <package id="JRE8"
     name="Java Runtime Environment 8"
     revision="%JRE_VER%"
     reboot="false"
     priority="10"
     precheck-upgrade="always">

 The attribute "precheck-upgrade" will force WPKG to run the checks before the package is upgraded, so you avoid problems with packages that don't upgrade if the same version is already installed.

 --
Stefan P.

Top-posting: