[wpkg-users] Extend package definition for one host only

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 23:41:28 CEST 2014

Am 03.10.2014 23:09, schrieb Marco Schmidt:
> Yes, this is one way.
>
> I would do it in a more "readable" way :-)
>
> <variable name="PKG_DESTINATION" value="destination_x86"
> architecture="x86" />
> <variable name="PKG_DESTINATION" value="destination_x64"
> architecture="x64" />
> <install cmd='%ComSpec% /c echo AutoUpdateDisable=1
> >"%PKG_DESTINATION%\mms.cfg"'>
>
> And the host condition I would pack in the the hosts.xml file.
>
> Which I think is easier to maintain.

That is not the same as mine, since on 64-bit Windows always the 32-bit
and 64-bit flash player is installed.

In addition adding an additional package just to disable the update
notification for flash player is something I like to avoid.

I already have hundreds of packages due to complex install, update and
configuration scenarios of several big applications, so there is no need
for me to add more for simple ones.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: