[wpkg-users] GetMSIProperties

Marco schmidt at fgcz.ethz.ch
Wed Oct 15 17:19:36 CEST 2014

Probably I made already a step forward ...
The questions in my mind are:
Why add the UUID manually to the package.xml?
Why not using a script that does this directly while executing the
"remove" part of the package.xml?

We are discussing to get the UUID in advance. But while the "remove" is
running, the UUID is already known to the system. It should be possible
to query it. Actually WPKG already searches for the "install" in the
"check" part. Unfortunately it only checks the "version" and answers
"true" or "false". Ideally it would fetch the "uninstall string" or the
UUID and saves it in a way, that it could be used in the "remove" part.

Maybe it would need a lot of changes in wpkg.js.

But we could also write a script, that directly fetches the "uninstall"
string from the registry and uses this to uninstall.

Something like this:
<remove cmd='uninstallscript "Adobe.*"' />

Which would remove only one (maybe the first) or all programs starting
with "Adobe".

Greetings ...
 Marco