[wpkg-users] GetMSIProperties

Marco Schmidt schmidt at fgcz.ethz.ch
Wed Oct 15 23:25:28 CEST 2014

Using the msi file is another option. I thought about this, too.

But I am not sure, which msi you mean.

1. the one you use to install
This means to keep many old versions of the installer (at least if the
version number is part of the msi-filename).

2. the one which is kept in the windows directory
Which is nearly the same as to find the UUID. Usually the msi file is
"hidden" in a directory which path has the UUID somewhere inside.

3. sometimes the msi is packed in an exe file used to install
This means (1) could not be used and thus it is needed to find the UUID
to uninstall or to find the uninstall msi like described in (2).

Greetings ...
  Marco