[wpkg-users] GetMSIProperties

heiko.helmle at horiba.com heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Thu Oct 16 10:39:36 CEST 2014

> By the way, /qn is deprecated.
>
> /passive is the new equivalent to /qn!, so there is no need to
> specify /qn if you use /passive.

Citation?

In http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-DE/library/aa367988.aspx and
http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-DE/library/aa372024.aspx there's no mention
of any deprecation and a quick duckduckgoogle didn't find anything either.

by the way - /qn! is illegal according to the docs, only /qb! works, but
you don't want /qb in a script.

And back to reality, I did find a few MSIs that actually needed both
/passive and /qn to work correctly. I have no idea what atrocities the
authors put into those MSIs (and I mercily forgot their names). I do now
that having /passive and /qn is redundant but they're still in there for a
reason :)

Best Regards
 Heiko
-