[wpkg-users] Best practice for Copying a folder and the WPKG Check that its correct

Patrick CAHILL pjcah0 at eq.edu.au
Tue Sep 2 02:31:18 CEST 2014

Once you guys assured me that WPKG processes the commands in a consistent top down order there were a lot of options on how to detect it.
I thought about the registry but my organisation was already using c:\logs\ to log output from centralised scripted installs so I decided to piggy back my check logs into this folder and name them WPKG-Package-ReverseDate.log

To make the log, I eventually used an echo rather than a dummy file.

<install cmd='%comspec% /c echo %date:~10,4%/%date:~7,2%/%date:~4,2% @%time% - Package Name - Package Subpart > "C:\Logs\WPKG - Package - Package Subpart - %date:~10,4%.%date:~7,2%.%date:~4,2%.txt"' />

This also gave me a quick way to check without having to search through the central wpkg log or the local wpkg.xml

--

thanks
-Pat Cahill