[wpkg-users] Use regex to get installed version number?

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 22:01:50 CET 2015

Am 17.03.2015 um 12:45 schrieb Nils Thiele:
> Hey just to keep other updated...
> I tried the method (replaced /passive with /qn tho after testing was
> done) and i noticed something.
> With the Command you posted it always stopped after the the 26th
> attempt while using wpkg.js, running the command manually in cmd promt
> worked fine. (Win7 Prof x64)
> Adding ">NUL" to the command fixed the problem for me!
>
> This is the code im using now:
> <remove cmd="%ComSpec% /c for /L %N in (10,1,99) do msiexec /qn /x
> {26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F832180%~NF0} >NUL">
>      <exit code="1605" />
> </remove>
>
> Hope i could help someone else with this!
>
> Nils

OK, so I missed to get rid of the output.
Another way would be to use the at-sign (@) in front of msiexec to
suppress the output.

/passive and /qn are essentially the same.

'---code start (watch for line wraps)

<remove cmd="%ComSpec% /c for /L %N in (10,1,99) do @msiexec /passive /x {26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F832180%~NF0}">
      <exit code="1605" />
</remove>